Lahore: A notice was issued by the Punjab government’s Primary and Secondary Healthcare department which said: “The smart lockdown enforced in the provincial capital’s various coronavirus hotspots has been extended till July 15.”
According to the notification, the smart lockdown will be extended till 15 July 2020 till 12:00 am unless modified.”
Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department Secretary Capt Muhammad Usman said that notice will be effective immediately and will be applicable for areas that were identified in the 15 June order.
These are the restrictions which were applied in these locations:
- Education institutions, wedding halls, restaurant, parks and cinema halls will remain closed.
- Gathering for social, religious or sports activities will be not allowed
- All businesses will be open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Medial stores, tire puncture shops, naan shops, workshops related to the agriculture sector will be allowed to open for 24 hours a day.
- Call centres will remain open with 50% of staff.
- Inter-district transport to be allowed for 24 hours.
- Grocery stores to be open all week from 9 am to 7 pm.
- All churches will open for worship only on Sundays from 7 am to 5 pm
Earlier in the day, it was reported that the Punjab government had made a new strategy to curb to spread of the virus.
The meeting ordained by senior provincial minister Abdul Aleem Khan and chief secretary Punjab decided to authorize deputy commissioners to seal or reopen their areas depending upon the number of cases there.
The meeting also reviewed the price and supply process for medicines and the security situation in the provinces after the attack on Pakistan Stock Exchange on Monday.